Thursday, October 4, 2012

Year of Projects, Week 14, 10.4.12




Year of Projects List
• Floor Poof
• Mom's Wrap (Christmas)
• T-Shirt rag rug
• Crochet clock
• Yarn bomb something
• Crochet dress for Adult Prom 2013 (June 2013)
• Liam's Blanket (June 2010) (In Progress)
• Carson's Blanket (November 2012)

Liam's blanket continues to grow, with the most work getting done on it this last week. I have all the light green squares done, most of the yellow squares done, what hasn't been put into squares are circles for the yellow, and I have a few of the dark green and mango squares done. I may need to get another skein of the antique white for the connection of the squares and the boarder. Right now it is going to be a crib sized blanket. This will be for my nephew Liam who will be 3 in June. Should I go bigger? He's a pretty big kiddo (his dad is 6' 4") and I would like it to be something he uses. Well part of me does anyway -- I don't know how I would react if I saw him dragging it through a mud puddle.... This is my first pieced blanket, so I am excited to get to the part where I attach the squares to one another. Any hints/suggestions?






1 comment: