Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday, 6.27.12

So I haven't gotten too far with the teddy bear, but at least there is progress. I am using an H hook and think for the blue bear I will go down a hook size as I think it could be a bit tighter.

I have had to split my time three ways lately between wedding photos, LEGO Mosaics and crochet. I am happy to report that both the other two are done or nearly done! Finished up and sent out the photos today and we just have the hanging hardware to put on the mosaic and we are done! I will share more on Friday!

As for now, its mainly back to crochet, yay, I've missed it.

On a side note I went to my first LYS (local yarn store) yesterday, The Cashmire Goat in Camden. Although I wouldn't say the store as a whole was overly crochet friendly, only one hook for sale and no crochet patterns, books, or samples (except for the Vogue Knitting Crochet issue) the people were quite friendly. I asked them about spinning KCs fur and they are going to ask some of their contacts about it. Anyone out there in the blogisphere ever heard of spinning dog fur into yarn?

They did have some really nice yarn and I wish I were more proficient at crochet, because a lot of those very nice yarns may not lend themselves well to what I can do, amigurumi. Okay so they may work as amigurumi, but its just not practical to pay $20+/skein in 3 different colors so you can make a stuffed bunny out of silk. Oh but how nice that bunny would feel.... Some day I will be able to purchase really nice yarn and make something beautiful and practical :)

So that's what I'm working on this week. What are you working on? Follow along with others and share your WIPs at Tami's Amis.


No comments:

Post a Comment