Friday, November 16, 2012

FO Friday, 11.16.12

There is still two minutes in the morning, so GOOD MORNING!!! Three projects to share with you today as well as a little story.




Hat rack or Moose? How about both! Finished off two hats -- the pink one will probably have a purple ribbon added before it's done done. And the guy with the nice rack is Byron the Moose, he is a Fresh Stitches pattern and so far one of my favorites for sure!!

Will have to take him outside one of these days for a photo shoot however I have been baking this morning so no time for pictures. Making Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes -- it was a slightly modified recipe from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen -- skipped the glaze and just heated up some store bought chocolate frosting and went cupcake style. I just started following her blog, and she is hilarious!!

Now for the story. I bowl, this is the second year I have been on a league  That being said I am not that great--last year it was a goal every game to break 100. We go more for the social aspect and a guaranteed date night with Kevin -- he's on the league as well. Last year I got the most improved bowler award and last night I also received a rising star award from the local chapter of the USBC. **YAY**

Anyway, I had one of my best series, tied my all time high score, then bowled at or above my average the rest of the night, I was in the zone! Usually I psych myself out and over compensate for where I think the ball should go or just don't concentrate enough on each little part of my approach-- start, marks, release, followthrough and everything in between. So what was different this week? I crocheted in between every turn, so calm and collected :-) Pretty sure I will be bringing some easy projects to the alley from now on!

Checking in with Tami's Amis.

1 comment: