Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday, 11.28.12

So it's finally happened.... I've had to tell myself that I cannot start another project until I finish a WIP. You want the list?
- Liam's Blanket
- Fresh Stitches Learn to read patterns cowl
- Purse
- Cow
- Archer Mystery CAL
- Disaster Hat
- Stuffie (its a gift so you don't get to know what it is... yet)
- Mittens

Okay so that doesn't seem too bad. The last three though are the ones that I have been working on lately and are shown in the picture. I love how the colors turned out in the mitten. It is the texting mitten from the latest issue of Crochet World (Dec. 2012). I guess I have big hands because I had to modify it quite a bit. I also didn't do the flap and closed off the thumb because it is my fingertips that get the coldest. Also messed up a bit at the tail end and decreased too much so it ends with a funny point but didn't realize this until I had FOd. I have enough yarn to make more than just it's pair so we will see how the second one turns out before figuring out if I am going to remake the first. But I need to get these done, it's getting cold up here in Maine and mittens are needed.

The disaster hat.... our bowling team mate saw Kevin's hat and wants one, all black, but tighter & bigger. Kevin's is made up of HDC in a worsted weight woolease. So I thought, tighter = SC and bigger = bulky yarn. It's really stiff... like more of a barret then a beanie. I will bring it along to bowling tonight and see what he thinks. Otherwise it may get frogged and some worsted woolease will be ordered in black.

Mr. Googley eyes is the start of a stuffie that was ordered for one of my friends as a gift. This is all you will probably see of him until after the holidays when I know he is safe in his new home. I doubt the person reads this blog, but there is always the chance.

That's it for me today. Checking in with Tami's Amis for other WIPs.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to get some of your projects off your needles so you can cast-on MORE! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just frogged the hat, does that mean I can cast on something else??

    ReplyDelete